Reading the #coming out tag is at once heart-warming and inspiring AND monumentally depressing.
Thanksgiving for queers
Let’s not forget about people in rural areas, towns, and big cities, Uganda and Saudi Arabia and Indonesia, among many other places, where people who are queer or trans* face threats daily as National Coming Out Week starts.
- Girl: Oh hey, so you're bisexual?
- Me: Yeah.
- Girl: Do you have a crush on me then?
- Me: Oh hey, so you're straight?
- Girl: Yeah.
- Me: Do you have a crush on every guy you meet?
- Girl at my old school upon finding out I was bisexual. Made me feel like there was no hope left for humanity.
My mother to me. She doesn’t know I’m bi and now I know for certain I can never come out. Made me sad and angry, like there is something wrong with me. Via microaggressions